Smart City Innovator of the Year Award1. Januar 2017
Smart City Innovator of the Year Award
The promise of a ‘smart city’ is rapidly becoming a reality and gathering momentum around the globe. This award is given for the most innovative breakthrough focusing particularly on how cities can share assets or data with other cities to improve the lives of citizens that can have widespread adoption and relevance across the world.
What is required to enter?
In order to be eligible for this award, your organization must be:
- A ‘smart’ city, urban municipality, intelligent community, major supplier or service provider to an urban environment.
- Able to demonstrate a truly innovative use of technology to improve the lives of citizens.
- Able to demonstrate collaboration with other cities that have generated shared assets.
- Able to quantify the current and potential impact of this innovation (in terms of a measurable improvement in health, well-being, happiness, etc.) and illustrate its potential for impact in other cities.
What are the judges looking for?
The judges will look at the following criteria when evaluating the entries:
- What quantifiable impact has the innovation delivered to date, and how significant is its potential to improve society?
- Has the innovation been replicated in other cities, and are the organizations involved open to sharing their experiences to date?
- How viable is the innovation in terms of being affordable, carrying widespread support and commitment for use?
- Have TM Forum best practices or standards been used to enable this innovation?
- How novel and unique is the approach? Has it been seen before?
Why should you enter?
- Public recognition of outstanding success and recognition
- Your city’s progress and achievements benchmarked against other cities around the globe
- An opportunity to celebrate your city’s many strengths and qualities
- Prestigious trophy for category winner
Nominations close February 3, 2017. To learn more and nominate your city, please visit TM Forum’s Excellence Awards website.
What are the Excellence Awards?
Since 2007, TM Forum’s Excellence Awards have recognized the world’s leading TM Forum member companies for their innovative achievements spanning digital transformation, business and IT agility, customer centricity, cross-industry partnering and collaboration, and product and service innovation. This year, entries will be accepted by TM Forum members and non-member cities for the Smart City Innovator of the Year Award category.
Should your entry advance to the Finalist round, a city representative is expected to be onsite to accept the award. The winners will be announced at the Excellence Awards Gala Dinner on Monday, May 15th during TM Forum Live! 2017 in Nice, France. Interested in attending? The event will feature a special Smart City Focus day. Register now for early registration savings.
If you have any questions about the Awards, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.